There are just a few tutorials on the internet for learning a whole pole choreography or a flow combo. I know, because I’ve been searching for them for a long time, when I wanted to work on my fluidity at home. Explaining each move separately, the transitions between them and syncing them with the music is a material for almost an entire class.
Yet, I think that creating these tutorials is worthwhile, because they are really valuable for everyone who wants to start putting things together and move fluidly. Learning simple Pole Flow Combos helps…
1. Learning transitions between pole dance moves
2. Teaching the brain to combine pole dance moves
3. Building motion memory
For my first Pole Flow routine I was inspired by the flow goddess Marlo Fisken. The second part has a slight “Exotic” touch though. It is for all levels and for everyone, who wants to work on their fluidity.
Best way to approach this tutorial:
1. Warmup in advance.
2. Follow the text notes step-by-step.
3. Take your time to figure out the correct arms, legs and directions, if necessary.
4. Repeat 2-3 moves in a sequence until it feels fluid, before you continue.
5. Don’t rush to learn the whole combo at once. You might have the sensation that it is complicated and that you are learning slow, but you are teaching your brain. Don’t expect to figure it all out in one hour.
6. Sync it with some music. Use the original song “Water” from Sunni Colón or try matching the tonality of your dance to different songs.
Film yourself and show me your variation.
I LOVE your tutorials! You break them down slowly and explain them so well. My pole studio doesn’t teach us much flow so this has been really helpful! Thank you so much for taking the time to make these <3
Thank you Steph! I’m glad it helps. 🙂
Feel free to share with anyone who might benefit from it.
Hi Miglena !
I have a stupide question… is this choreography on spin or static ?
Thank you soooo much !
Take care <3
Not stupid at all. It’s on STATIC.
Thanks for this, I was also wondering! ?
Thank you!!! I can’t wait to try this friday my next pole practice day. Dee
Tania Sudan says
I love your videos and how you explain them and break it down thank you for being amazing! Love the water choreography x❤️