You’ve learned a single pole trick and you’d like to turn it into a whole pole dance routine like the one in this video? Read my 5 simple tips below.
1. Synchronize your dance with the music.
2. Use the spinning mode of your pole to create a seamless transition from beautiful spins and shapes into a climbing
3. Focus on the fluidity between transitions at lest as much as you focus on the tricks. Transitions become tricks and tricks become transitions.
4. Discover natural ways of descending the pole and taking your time with this part.
5. Freestyle to continue the dance with floorwork or low pole moves. Feel free to do whatever you feel like doing. And if you don’t like it, you can always cut this out from your video afterwards, if this is your aim.
I absolutely love this video! I love the way you express yourself while performing!!
This video has helped me so much to discover ways to build my own routines. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge!!
Could you please share how you do the move starting at 19 seconds? I’m totally in love with this move and the way it looks. Combined with the timing of the music, it looks spectacular!
Hey Helen! This is basically like an aerial fan kick, but you kick with the outside leg first. Then the inside leg follows. Have you seen my 15 spins into climb? #11 The Oona Spin has similar technique, just the hand grip is different. In my combo the hands are close to the body, like for an invert. When the tutorial for Spin #11 is out, there’ll be conditioning exercises to practice the fan of the legs.
Dear Miglena do you have this kind of thing for static poles?
I am not at the intermediate level yet, so at shows we may not use the spinning pole.
Hi Carmen! Have you seen my Pole Flow Choreo tutorial? http://www.thepoledancer.com/tutorials/flow-tutorial-pole-choreography-beginners/
Do you mean something like this?